Friday, November 6, 2009

SOUTH AFRICAAAA

sooo... as promised this is one of the entries from my journal from my only trip outside of the country... its my 5th or so entry from the trip and was written the morning after my first night sleeping in the bush.... if u dont know... bush=JUNGLE lol anywhoo enjoy

1-14-07

Damn, why are there so many bugs in Africa? I never would have thought that waking up after my first night of sleep in a cabin in the midst of the bush would feel so good. After you get over the initial shock of where you are and if you are in good company, you come to realize that all you really need at night is a place to lay down and rest. In America we have the luxury of actually being able to take luxuries for granted. Well, today we went back on safari. I wasnt really motivated to go because the previous day really drained me but it proved to be fun. I really had an opportunity to see once again animals the way they are meant to be. But now as i sit here and the thoughts of the animals fade away, two things remain, myself and the question; What are we meant to be? I dont even want to begin to try and answer that. After dinner we watched an amazing performance by some dancers. As i watched this i was thinking about a few things. One was what the hell should I write about. But then I thought, even though we come from two incredibly different worlds, we were all connected by dance. An expression of raw emotion at times, a common bond between us and them, Americans and Africans, young and old, black and white. It makes me think that in the world there should never be a them, just us, in the moment, living.


so yeah... those were a few of my thoughts... its hard to believe that was almost three years ago.... i want to go back :( or to go somewhere different... lifes an adventure man... sometimes i have to remind myself.... dont let anything get u down... cuz when youre up... you get to really appreciate your experiences...

so with that being said.. good day, live well, laugh always

1 comment:

SKETCH WEAR said...

Hey, check out my blog if you have a chance and tell us what you think!