Friday, March 28, 2008

They all look alike to me


Have you ever noticed that most of what we are exposed to pertaining to black people is stereotypical and detrimental to our community. This shit pisses me off. Its frustrating because here it is 2008 and ignorance and niggardom is still running rampant, not only behind closed doors (no no no that would be to easy) but it is the mainstream! Flavor Flav has 3 count them 3 shows.... Soulja boy is a trailblazer of hip hop and there are still... still more black men in jail than in college yet we still, as a community, float through life just existing... and we aren't even doing THAT well. eh... it just disappoints me that we feel like living in imperial courts and having an escalade on spinning 28s is living... it frustrates me that we continue to support and finance stupid SHIT that misrepresents and harms us as a community.... and it continues to baffle me how we steadily call each other the one thing that we shouldn't..... With that being said... if u see me, don't come up to me asking if i saw flavor of love.... or if i heard the new T-pain song... or if i watched BET last night... cuz as far as I'm concerned..... they all look the fuckin same to me.

4 comments:

G said...

preach.

Anonymous said...

ya i think you're really right about a lot of stuff you just said. i hate that a lot of people buy into the fake mainstream shit..but especially music. its like people that are actually good rappers NEVER get the playtime that they deserve.

i liked this post :)

Anonymous said...

your blog is simply incredible the songs, the quotes, everything. I hate to say this, but maybe there is hope for our black men yet. Where have you been all my life?!

NAjeeT said...

LOL why thanks....I'm glad I could uhhh rekindle your hope in us black men.... But I think that's one of our problems.... No one (not even a lot of our own women) have faith in us... So hopefully by putting my thoughts out there ill affect someone maybe not though haha