Saturday, October 4, 2008

my mind be goin... comment please

I would really like to know what ppl think about these 2 random things I jotted on my blackberry... I just wrote where my mind took me but fuckit

The first...

Think about how many moments have slipped through the cracks of history because they weren't "noteworthy" what does it take to alter the course or even to be noted by history... My story is just as important as george washingtons or voltaires... Not to say that my impact on the larger scheme of things are anywhere near their achievements but every single moment that I or you even exist is important.. Ha... Think about how many regular people history has forgotten... Its enough to make u want to question your existance isn't it? Lol... Sorry I'm in a weird place right now but enjoy

And the second....
Maybe I can understand how white people can not see how something they are doing or saying can have racial undertones or be percieved by individuals or a community as racist... But what truly upsets me is how some people refuse to see the "minorities" point of view... Not to say that everyone should closely monitor their actions and words I just get mad when it is brought to the attention of someone and they flat out deny that our reasoning is valid... The history of the black man in america is a unique one... And maybe a lot of our insecurities stem from the fact that people just don't get us... Maybe I'm dead wrong and only speaking for myself but if you ever think about collective conciousness it is a hell of a thing... We black men have been castrated and made to feel inferior even when we do succeed... And sometimes its frustrating to me how even when people don't empathize with us we don't have the collective fortitude to empatize with them... Humans are so complex... And hilarious in their complexities lol

2 comments:

Sani Gee said...

Dumb it down.

Anonymous said...

As for my existence, I sometimes ponder on all of the great things I have achieved or will achieved but will forever go unnoticed. My story is just as interesting as the next joe, I've been through struggles and hard times. No I've never save children off of a burning bus or donate a million dollars to charity, but isn't that the beauty of it? Isn't the fact that I am an average ordinary person makes my story meaningful? On the topic of sympathy, No one, absolutely NO ONE..knows what it's like to be black until you ARE black. Whether you were born in 1961, or 1985, you have or at least once in your lifetime have been ridiculed or demeaned by the color of your skin. These people still see you as a second class citizen. Even though you pay taxes and work everyday, you still don't deserve the things they have. In their cranium we only deserve to be seen as a BLACK PERSON. We can become friends and even lovers, but somewhere deep within the underlying tissue of their brain..you are still a black person. I demand people to respect my struggles and hardships for being black, but at the same time I must admit I have no sympathy for theirs. It is definitely inhumane and foolish, but it is embedded inside me. I am permanently scarred when it comes to the issue of race. If your not black..you don't understand, and you never will..period...On the contrary, maybe Obama can change my mind.